Friday, June 24, 2011

Passport Panic

Thank you's and apologies to those who have run into me in the last few days and had to endure my pitiful tale of passport panic.  Our passports were sent to Ottawa on June 10th to be stamped with a Ghana visa and got 'stuck' in an Ottawa post office.  We were sure the postal workers would be forced to go back to work and let a few days click by.  Meanwhile I called our travel insurance and found out that our flights would not be covered should we end up without passports on our departure day.  We would simply be out several thousand dollars and no trip to Ghana.  So I panicked and headed for Calgary yesterday to apply for three new passports and re-do all of our visa documentation to the tune of about $900 - but that is better than losing the whole trip.  What a stress!  I will pick up our passports in Calgary, Tuesday, Fed-ex them to Ottawa and pray like the dickens they are back to us in time.  If anyone has any experience with couriers...the fastest, the best, the most reliable please pass on the info to me!  I will be couriering the new documents from Calgary on Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment